130125


I guess I want to start by say thanks. Ashley Moore had her last work out with us last night and now she's moving to Nanaimo to start at a new job and be with her husband-to-be Dallas. I guess I want to say thanks because she allowed us to see what an incredible woman she is and I feel privileged to have born witness to it. I wouldn't say that Ashley was so much a transformation as a realisation of her true self. When I first met Ashley it was a reluctant meeting (on her part!) Her friends Ashley Barry and Lori Featherstone dragged her into the gym day in and day out for at least a couple months. She was shy and reserved (basically she wouldn't talk to me unless she absolutely had to!) She had never been to a gym before or really worked out. I assured her that we were in no way a gym (I don't think she believed me.)  Eventually life got in the way and her friends started to drift away from the gym but Ashley continued to go. Slowly I noticed Ashley started to come more and more. She also started to talk to me, major victory! Before I knew it she was coming every day. She was starting to accomplish major milestones, Her first full push-up, her first pull-up and doing workouts with more than just a pvc pipe. Her confidence also grew and we started to get to know Ashley. We found out that she was sweet, funny, could take a good teasing and was unbelievably determined and competitive with herself. Without even knowing it Ashley became a major part of the gym's personality. With her quiet perseverance and accomplishments she became a major source of inspiration for a large number of women at the gym and even some of the guys. Without trying, realising it or even wanting to be it she became all of these things to us and without her the life blood of the gym isn't the same. Ashley to say that I am proud of you is the understatement of the century. You have affected people in the gym for the positive without even realising it. Myself included. You have made me better at what I do and excited to do it. People might use the word transformation to describe you but that would suggest that there was some kind of change in you as a person. I would argue that realisation is a far better word. You were always this person you are today it was just deep inside you and you were afraid to let people see it. It has been an absolute pleasure getting to spend time with the real you and for this, from the bottom of my heart I want to say, thank you.
 
WOD
"Cindy"
AMRAP in 20 minutes of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats